Sunday, March 6, 2011

The much anticipated....long awaited one!

Yes Yes! I know…After a long thought I think it is more feasible (if I want to keep this blog alive) if I just use it as a platform to share, bitch and comment about random things rather than blogging-blogging per se (crowd in the head goes YAY!)

Now, I know I have been blogging about Gaga recently but hey, good thing is I am not really bitching about her. I even have a confession! I listen to her sometimes when I jog. I admit I do love her songs. Perhaps she might have incorporated some voodoo charm into her lyrics or music because every time there is a new singles from her, the tune seem to be stuck in my head for a while…

I was reading about how the music video industry has been slowing down and the quality of music videos are getting bad to worst due to budget constraints mainly because labels are cutting cost on MVs and allocating almost all of its budget on live tours instead which is understandable. Piracy is on the highs and people in general do not watch MVs like how they used to anymore. Even searching for the original one online can prove to be quite a task because video hosting sites are filled with cover versions and spoofs. Having your original MV listed on top can be very pricey as well….

If you turn back time, a decade of so…it was a completely different scene from today. Fans wait anxiously for their idol’s MV and spread them like wildfire.

My point is… It’s not true anymore! Thanks to Lady Gaga. Today, waiting for Lady Gaga’s next music video is like waiting for a block buster movie to release. Bigger than Inception’s anticipation really. Lady Gaga never fail to impress the audience with her rather twisted antics (which is what everyone fell for in the first place) and she always escalate it further and further. I bet you have seen the latest MV from her, or should I say a blockbuster in the MV world…


She has gotten so big, even big brands like MAC is willing to change the tone and manner of the brand and put in a gist of Gaga in their latest commercial…



Maybe all the celebrity endorsed commercials are meant to be twisted…or is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment