Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Love for Dogs

Lately I have been thinking a lot about things, it’s like I am having some kind of realization. No the world is not coming to an end. But what’s different about the world today is how I see it now as oppose to how I see it then. It is as though mother earth and I are connected somehow or other through an unsound channel. I don’t exactly know how to explain it in words, but it’s just the feeling. I believe it is in each and every one of us – a calling.

I believe as we grow older (and hopefully wiser) we think less of ourselves and more about people and things that surround our lives. Each one of us individuals has a passion for something. I think my calling is to help animals. I’ve always loved animals, big or small, fins or skin…

Hell – I ride on them.....


Feed them

Pat them


Take pictures WITH them


Take pictures OF them

And sometimes…I even behave like ‘em!! Oh wait.....that's the bf!

But there is one animal that I hold very close to my heart. =)

The furry 4 legged. No…not cats! I don’t really fancy them, plus they have 9 lives, so if they ran out of them – I’d say they had a good run. This entry is dedicated to all the stray dogs out there and people who have contributed to making a dog’s world a better place.

Yes, it is an eye sore to see strays. We do not like them when they come close to us when we are eating now, we do not like to see them in our neighborhood, he hate the sounds they make at night….hell, we even hate the sight of them dead on the highway. The question is, if we hate seeing them everywhere, where else can they go to?

They too were given a life to live. It’s sad enough that they have to make it in this cruel world all on their own. Not to mention in a country like Malaysia where dogs are considered non-halal, and the fact that dog meat trade is getting bigger and bigger not only in China, but also Rusia (I think it’s the results of Rusian marrying Chinese immigrants from the damn border – they don’t make very cute kids you know?)

It’s a pity that we see so little of them and yet, they think so highly of us. Dogs are intuitively trustworthy animals and are considered the most loyal amongst all. Sure, draw them with food and then make food and money out of them.

Just a few months ago, I passed by a pet shop and I saw a poor looking young cocker spaniel. He has such sad eyes and was just skin and bones. No, he was not starved nor abused – but he is a product of mutation.



Dog breeders these days do not share the common goal of the olden days breeders. Dog breeders came up with the idea of breeding dogs so children of the future – us – live to see an authentic breed of dogs and be blown away by each breed’s characteristic and behavior. But dog breeders today are all out for $$ and only $$, so they think of the cheapest and easiest alternative. Consider it trade dog prostitution. Mama dog forced to mate with her own pups, and siblings and well, you get the picture. Because it is not a natural thing for 4 legged to be forced to do what used to be nature calling, their babies result in sad pictures like the above.

The question is, what are we doing about it? Are you just going to agree what a sad world it is to be a dog and do nothing about it or are you going to go out there and do something about it. If you think about it, there are so much we can do. Save a stray, make them your house guard. Give them food if they come to your table. Try aid a wounded dog if not too aggressive. Volunteer in dog shelters on your free time. If you do not have free time, contribute via food or cash. Give out your used clothes or old shoes. You’d be surprised how happy a four legged will be to have one side of your shoe as toy. If you can’t help, go tell a friend who tell another friend who may be able to help.

I met a very nice lady recently. She has been volunteering in dog shelters around Klang Valley for the past 15 years. She said

“The world may not change if you help save a dog, but the world will surely change for that one dog”

and I can’t help but to agree with her….

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...it's kinda unfortunate that these things happen and there are just not enough people doing something to help *Sighs*

    ReplyDelete